Call for Expression of Interest
Project: Communications Support to ARMAC
Title: Communications Specialist
Contract Type: Independent Consultant
Duty Station: Home-based
Duration of Assignment: 30 days over a period of 6 months
The ASEAN Regional Mine Action Center (ARMAC) wishes to invite interested individuals to submit Expressions of Interest (EoI) for the Communications Specialist/Consultant position.
The ARMAC was established by the ASEAN Leaders at the 21st ASEAN Summit in 2012. The ASEAN Leaders envisioned ARMAC to serve as a center of excellence to encourage efforts to address the problems of explosive remnants of war (ERW) for interested AMSs with the following mandate and functions:
- Enhance awareness programs on the dangers of ERW among affected communities;
- Facilitate appropriate medical and rehabilitation assistance for victims of ERW, upon request from the affected ASEAN Member States; and
- Assist interested ASEAN Member States in research and knowledge sharing on the effects of ERW and efforts to address them, including through writing proposals for technical assistance projects and funding, at their specific and individual request.
Scope of Work, and Expected Deliverables
Responding to 2 of the mandates above, ARMAC is looking for a communications specialist to research and write articles, reports, blurbs, and other content related to ARMAC programs and operations. Likewise, s/he will curate compelling and engaging content for our audience, proofread and edit materials. More importantly, she will develop a communication strategy to capture ARMAC’s work, and broadcast this to the world.
Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Officer/Mine Action, the Communications Specialist shall primarily carry out the following tasks.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes printed and online media content;
- Develop a writing/publishing style guide to ensure that ARMAC produce high-quality content, report, and knowledge products;
- Research and write articles, newsletters, magazines, press releases, online content for ARMAC’s website and social media pages;
- Work with internal/external actors to brainstorm content, ideas, in line with the ARMAC’s communications strategy and in support of ongoing and upcoming initiatives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with national/regional press/publications/journalists; and
- Other tasks as may be assigned by ARMAC staff and Executive Director.
Qualifications and Requirements
S/he should have a Bachelors and/or Masters degree in communication, journalism, public relations, or other related fields. A minimum of 5 years’ experiences in communication strategy development is essential, content writing for all media platforms. S/he should have proven social media and networking expertise, and excellent written and verbal communication skills (close to native English speaker). We require someone with a strategic and creative mindset.
S/he should be able to work well under pressure with short deadlines. We require someone who is attentive to detail, and possess above-average interpersonal, coordination and planning skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of ASEAN region’s mine action sector, and previous work experience within the sector is an asset but not required. Experience working with the government, non-government, and civil society actors is required.
Please send your application together to email@example.com with the subject “Communications Specialist” not later than Friday, 31 August 2022 (12:00 midnight Phnom Penh, Cambodia local time).
Proposal letter describing how you meet the criteria citing previous work done in the field of expertise;
· Portfolio of previous work with similar functionalities; and
· Latest CV showing assignments in the last 2 years.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. For more information about the ARMAC, please visit www.aseanmineaction.org