The Grant Thornton Cambodia through the Philippine Embassy in Cambodia supported ARMAC to conduct training on the “Best Practices of Financial Reporting and Taxation for Mine Action Organisations”, on 6 November 2020.
The participants in the training are finance/accounting personnel from the various mine action organizations, including governmental, national and international institutions based in the Kingdom of Cambodia, including:
– Cambodian Mine Action and Victim Assistance Authority (CMAA),
– Cambodian Mine Action Center (CMAC),
– National Centre for Peacekeeping Forces (NPMEC),
– Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA),
– Mines Advisory Group (MAG),
– Cambodia Self Help Demining (CSHD),
– Halo Trust,
– Japan Mine Action Service (JMAS),
The training discussed the importance of internal control system, common issues on organizations’ internal control, sharing of best practices on preparation of financial reports, as well as on recently updated applicable laws and regulations (Cambodia specific jurisdiction).