Mine Risk Education
Enhance Awareness Programmes on the Dangers of Mines/Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) among ASEAN Member States
- Develop an integrated approach to MRE to improve ERW education for affected communities in AMS
- Enhance the means of disseminating MRE information through ARMAC’s publications, and
- Promote 4 April as an ASEAN official day of celebration to mark Mine Awareness Day.
Establishment of a Regional Platform to Promote Experience, Knowledge and Expertise Exchange on Victim Assistance among ASEAN Member States and other Relevant Stakeholders
2018 Regional Workshop
Enhance mine action knowledge and promote future platforms for mine action knowledge sharing for ASEAN Member States
Completed, 12-14 November 2018
- Enhanced knowledge on various mine action topics including MRE in different contexts (ongoing conflict, post conflict, mine, explosive remnants of wars, improvised explosive devices), VA with a particular focus on the gaps of inclusive data collection and psychological support to victims, mine clearance technologies and methodologies, gender mainstreaming in mine action, research from the social science and humanities perspective, innovative technologies, and mine action’s overall contribution to economic growth.
- Generated interest in further collaborative efforts including research and development among relevant participants.
- Increased awareness of ARMAC and ASEAN mine action in general.
- Identified training and programme areas in the ASEAN region for ARMAC to support.
- Prioritised a seminar for ASEAN university students to raise awareness on the dangers of mines/ERW.
Commemoration of International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action
Raising Mines/ERW Awareness for Peace, Stability and Resilience in ASEAN through Youth Participation
Calling for Applicants and Registrations, Seminar to be Held 3-4 April 2019.
- Promote the commemoration of International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action as global effort to address the issue of mines/ERW in the world
- Share basic knowledge with the ASEAN university students on the effects of mines/ERW and efforts to address them
- Raise awareness on dangers of mines/ERW for the affected community, particularly youth
Visit the Mine Awareness Day 2019 website for more information or to register.