Scope of work
This assignment will solely focus on implementing objective 3: assess the needs of the victims of EO in the affected AMS for further assistance. Under this objective, ARMAC is collaborating with the Korean Partner/s (donor country) and related stakeholders in ASEAN region to conduct the feasibility study on physical and mental need support provided to EO victims in EO affected AMS, including Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Viet Nam. The purpose is to assess and identify gaps of supports needed on physical and mental health of the victims, and provide recommendations in addressing those needs/gaps.
In accomplishing this objective, two main activities will be carried out in each of the four EO affected AMS. These include a one-day National Workshop and a four-day field assessment on the needs of the EO victims.
The consultant shall carry out the assigned tasks under the supervision of the VA Project Manager, at first instance, and the Executive Director, as necessary or a-case-by-case basis.
The consultant is expected to fulfill Key Tasks and Responsibilities as follows:
– On behalf of ARMAC-VA Project, take lead in organizing and conducting the National Workshops and Field Assessments in the four EO affected AMS;
– Develop relevant technical contents of the aforementioned activities;
– Take lead and facilitate relevant sessions of the National Workshops and Field Assessments in the aforesaid AMS;
– Conduct Field Visits which might include focus group discussion, meetings with medical and rehabilitation providers together with AMS focal point/institutions and related partners;
– Establish good communication with AMS focal point/institutions and/or other medical institutes/partners for the implementation of the objective;
– Collect data/information and analyse specific needs and assistance services being provided to EO victims in the foresaid countries;
– Produce the assessment reports (summary report and individual country’s report) that include recommendations on clinical/medical-related assistance to be provided to victims of EO in each country as well as the ASEAN region;
– Produce ASEAN Victim Assistance Country Profile sheets. which include a brief information of victim assistance situation, need of support, and available services in the focal countries;
– Produce a Guideline on Enhance Victim Assistance in ASEAN; and
– Develop concept notes and draft proposal/s for victim assistance related program activities for further submission to potential donor/partner;
Qualifications and Experience
The successful consultant who will be hired to implement the above-mentioned activities under objective 3 is required to have qualifications and experience as follows:
– Minimum Master Degree or equivalent in health provision (related to mental health is preferred), Social Work, Humanities and social sciences or political sciences or other related fields;
– At least 5 years of expertise and/or experience in mental health and psychosocial support or related fields;
– At least 5 years of relevant experience at the national and international level in conducting evaluation and assessment of institutions, programmes and projects, preferably in mine action sector or in the development field;
– At least 5 years of relevant experience in programme design/development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and/or programme management of large organizations;
– Some experiences and capacities in both conducting research and organizing event/s in other countries/region;
– Computer skills in using office software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and related software to support data analysis;
– Excellent English communication skills is required for this assignment,
– Sound understanding of humanitarian assistance;
– Knowledge of Mine Action sector including Pillars of Mine Action, International Mine Action Standards/Laws/Treaty/Conventions and/or other relevance i.e. regionalism and international/regional political-security cooperation and related capacity building is advantage but not required;
– Ability to deliver high accuracy/quality of works and outputs within timeline and/or under time-pressure;
– Culturally-sensitive and ability to respect diversity;
– Knowledge of Khmer, Lao, Thai or Vietnamese is advantage but not required.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
The final outputs expected from the consultant are as follows:
– Summary report of the Study outputs and outcomes;
– Reports of National Workshops/Field Visits capturing individual country’s situation and the recommendations on clinical/medical-related assistance for victims of EO;
– Factsheets of Victim Assistance Country Profile in ASEAN i.e. victim assistance situation, needs, and available services in each EO affected AMS;
– Guideline to Enhance Victim Assistance in ASEAN; and
– Concept notes and draft of proposal/s; a tentative workplan and budget for victim assistance related program activities (e.g. Enhance Victim Assistance Program in the ASEAN Member States II or relevant victim assistance program activities in the Region).
Please send your application together with the following documents to
firstname.lastname@example.org and CC. email@example.com with the subject “ARMAC-VA Project Feasibility Study in AMS” not later than 20 April 2023.
– Proposal letter describing the previous work done in the area;
– Portfolio of previous work related to researches or similar functionalities;
– Latest CV showing assignments in the last 5 years; and Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. For more information about ARMAC, please visit www.aseanmineaction.org.